Friday, April 13, 2007

Pressing On

Phil 3:13 Brethren I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Lam 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Ps 107:9 For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

How was your day today? Good, bad, indifferent? If it is a good day, great! If not, remember the verse above. Pray, release the day and all the bad in it to God, and reach forth to a new day. His mercy is new to us each morning. And He is compassionate to us. Seek the Lord with a longing soul and He has promised to fill you with goodness!

I don't know about you, but that encourages me!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Amen, such words of wisdom...