Friday, April 6, 2007

Being a Homemaker

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
:5 to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I know some have struggled with being called a homemaker. I did too at one time. Then I came across (again :-) these verses and realized just how high a calling it is to be a homemaker.

For a lot of years I worked out of our home as an accountant. I am in awe of the ones who do that now and still manage to maintain their homes and family. I remember those days long ago (I stopped working outside our home 16 years ago). How difficult they were. How tired I was. Alot of my struggle was because God was calling me to stay home and I DID NOT want to be just a homemaker. How I laugh at those words now. I work harder now then I ever did when I was an accountant . I liked being out in the workplace. And now? I love being home full time and taking care of home and family. It is a joy even though there are still things I don't like doing around here lol.

God really changed my heart!

There was a time when if I could find a reason to leave my house, I would find it and out I went. Now my children will tell you that I leave only with good reason lol. And even then if one of them is willing (or hubby) to run my errands, I let them lol. I will leave if I have a reason, lunch with hubby, daughter or friend, yarn shopping, quilt shopping, or like today grocery shopping. The girls jokingly tell hubby to be sure and check my drivers license after my birthday this year cause it is due for renewal. See what I dislike the most about leaving is the driving lol.

There are still things the Lord is working out in me. But at least I know that whatever He is calling me to do or change is for my own good, cause He loves me and only wants the best for me.

2 comments:

Mere said...

I'm glad you enjoy it!! I really like the bible verse you tied into it!! HAPPY EASTER!! HE IS RISEN!!

~Mere

Grafted Branch said...

Lovely post. I think that's what it means, "...He will give you the desires of your heart."

He changes us to desire His will for us. The Lord is good.

I saw you on my Technorati; nice to "meet" you. :)