Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ever notice....

when you sit down to spend time with the Lord you get bombarded with thoughts about things you need to do "right then before you forget"?

Well I do. And today was one of those days. Now I will be the first one to admit that I suffer now from mental pause. (Ok Kaci, stop laughing :-). But my time with the Lord is important. And shouldn't be stop and start as I run take care of "those things". Cause I don't know about you but I usually have a tough time finding my way back to my study.

So instead of giving the scriptures I studied today, and how they applied to me, I will give you a helpful hint.

Keep a notepad with you (or even a scrap of paper) while you study and seek the Lord. As those thoughts come, jot them down. It just takes a second. Now you won't have to run "do that thing", or worry about forgetting about it later. And you can quickly return to the word God has for you without being concerned about anything else.

Now maybe you are someone who can just block those thoughts when you are studying. If so, please tell me how you do it, I honestly am interested. And yes, I do pray first asking the Lord to keep me focused on Him and to block those thoughts. But some days it is hard.

I will leave you with a scripture though.

2 Pet 1:3 According to His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that called us to glory and virtue.

Have an incredible day in the Lord !

4 comments:

someone else said...

That's a good tip.

It also works with a notepad beside your bed to write down the things you don't want to forget for the next day. Then you don't lay awake worrying about forgetting.

Kay said...

Mental pause.....you should show Leslie this so she can laugh with me :-p

Lori said...

This is so true, dealing with the distractions is something I had to learn to "deal" with =) I love your suggestion!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh WOW I didn't post on this yesterday??? I could have SWORN I did...!!I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!