Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You Don't Labor in Vain

1 Cor 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Ever feel like no matter what you did it wasn't enough? Or why bother doing (whatever) now, you will just have to do it again later or tomorrow? Can you tell I have been there done that? lol.

Well this verse tells me that if my work is done as to the Lord, or in the Lord, then it is not in vain. Even though I may have to do it over and over and over, well you get the idea.

This scripture applies to homemaking, our relationship with our family, friends, really anything that we do, as long as it is done for the Lord.

I don't know about you, but as I start my day today, doing all the things I did yesterday, and know I will have to most of them again tomorrow, I am encouraged.

No comments: